Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Severe PMS, or something else? Is this usual?

My period is irregular, it'll come any early or on the dot although I use the Nuva Ring. However, every month, I start feeling depressed in the region of a week before it comes... and markedly anxious and paranoid at times. I never know what day exactly it will come, but I appear to become a mess the day up to that time it comes, sometimes 2 days or more before. I grain extremely depressed, anxious, old issues near my boyfriend or friends seem to re-arise, and sometimes I merely can't stop crying all light of day. I haven't always be this bad, but it's be going on for awhile now. Is this average, and what can I do to help it? I used to travel through the same item, too. It was horrible to touch out of control for a week out of every month. I newly couldn't take it anymore and finally go to my doctor. My doc told me last year that I have PMDD. He put me on the Yaz birth control pill. It has help considerably. I don't feel 100% better but it is much better next before. It have helped my physical symptoms such as hose retention and food cravings. I still get a moment or two bummed out right before my extent but at least I'm very soon able to function. The individual downside to Yaz is the cost if you do not have form insurance.
I have also hear of doctors prescribing low doses of anti-depressants for PMDD. If the Yaz wouldn't have worked, I would enjoy looked into this more.
Good luck!
That sounds like pre-menstrual dysphoric disorder. The birth control pill Yaz is approved for treating PMDD, but if you want to stick beside the ring, you might consider talking to your doctor in the order of antidepressants. They can also help a large amount with PMDD.

No comments:

Post a Comment